Duration of studies: 2 years
Type of studies: Full time
Amount of credits: 120 ECTS
Language of instruction: English
Objectives of the Programme:
- to provide deep knowledge in Linguistics, Methods of Teaching;
- to give hands-on experience in research work and international cooperation;
- to develop skills essential for making first steps in an academic career.
Courses. The study program covers all fundamentals of the English language theory, methodology of linguistic research, modern ELT technologies, English for academic purposes. Wide range of special courses taught by research staff includes innovations in education, leading translation theories, intercultural communication, discourse analysis and philology, linguistic analysis, etc.
Research work. From the first days of study students are actively involved in the challenging research environment. They are active members of the research teams that stimulate effective professional growth. Participating in scientific conferences enables them to develop their professional skills and abilities to carry out effective academic research.
- Modern educational technologies
- Intercultural environment
- Cultural performances
- Sports facilities
- Modern library halls
- Health center
The program is targeted at: applicants with a bachelor’s degree, fluent in English and planning a future career in Linguistics both in Russia and abroad.
Eligibility: candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the corresponding field
An academic year includes 2 semesters beginning on 1st September and 10th February.
Winter holidays — 2 weeks, Summer holidays — 2 months (July, August).
Master’s Thesis defense: in June (2nd year).
- Teaching English as a second language;
- Research in the sphere of Philology;
- Translating and Interpreting;
- Intercultural communication;
- Editing and Journalism;
- Mass media.
76, Lenin prospekt, Chelyabinsk, Russia, 454080
Phone/fax: +7 (351) 267-90-18, 267-91-85
Foreign Languages Department