Total academic hours: 72
Course duration: 12 weeks (6 academic hours per week)
Target audience: SUSU staff and postgraduates
The course is free of charge for SUSU staff
Language of study: Russian
Mode of study: part-time, on-the-job
Learning technology: distance learning
Course purpose: developing English research paper writing skills
The course is aimed at a comprehensive introduction to the stages of writing a research article, its structuring and formatting in accordance with the requirements of high-ranking journals indexed in Scopus and Web of Science, the study of linguistic and stylistic features of the genre of research articles, mastering the terminology and clichés of scientific writing.
Admission requirements: English levels A1−A2 (CEFR), the presence of scientific research.
To obtain a certificate, you need to study the theoretical materials of the course and complete the assignments of all units.
The final assignment of the course: writing a research article formatted according to the requirements of the journal to which you are submitting.
Course learning outcomes: after completing the course, you will be able to:
1. Select the right journal to publish your article;
2. Format the text of a research article in accordance with the requirements of the journal;
3. Do a scientific literature review on the research topic;
4. Independently prepare a draft of your research article for publication in a high-ranking scientific journal;
5. Write a cover letter for journal article submission.
All services provided by the Academic Writing Office (consultations, translation and proofreading/editing research articles, advanced training courses) are free of charge for SUSU staff and postgraduates.